The specific details of coverage, deductibles, and co-pay amounts do vary from plan to plan. Therefore, it is your responsibility to understand your insurance benefits; for example, what your co-pay amount is, whether or not you have a yearly deductible to meet, or if you have a co-insurance percentage to pay, etc. Please be prepared and KNOW YOUR BENEFITS so that your care is appropriately covered. In our collaborative approach, we are happy to assist you in verifying anything, but it is your primary responsibility to know your benefits.
Here are the basic steps of billing, insurance coverage and payment that our office follows:
- The insurance arrangements you have with your individual healthcare plan are designed to cover at least a part of your care.
- Our office is happy to help you receive the maximum benefits to which you are entitled.
- As you receive care from us, we will assist in obtaining insurance authorization for any procedures that are necessary.
- Our billing department will submit your insurance claim as a courtesy to you. Should you have any questions, the number of our billing service is:
1-888-701-8826 ext. 8139
- Any payments authorized to be paid directly to our office will be credited to your account upon receipt.
- Payment of ALL co-pays, deductibles and /or co-insurance amounts is expected at the time of your appointment when service is rendered. To make payment easy and convenient, we accept Visa, MasterCard, cash and checks made payable to Bethany Women’s Healthcare.
- Please bring your most current insurance card to each visit in case we need to verify any information. If you cannot provide your insurance card, we may have to reschedule your appointment unless you can provide us with the following information when you arrive:
- Name of your primary insurance company
- Name of your secondary insurance company, if applicable
- Mailing address for claims
- Insured’s name, date of birth, employer name, SS#, ID#, Policy #, Group #
- The 1-800 # to the insurance company so we can verify your benefits
- Returned Checks: We charge a $30 processing fee for every check returned by the bank. You will then be required to pay your balance plus the $30 fee within 15 days of being notified by us.
Failure to do so may result in our filing a claim with the Arizona State Commissioner or our collection agency for further review. Should we receive two (2) returned checks from a patient, we will no longer accept another check from that patient. Cash or money orders will need to be the method of payment.